Diapers and Dragons

Monday, May 4, 2009

Not Me Monday #1


Before I get around to posting that GIST that dang Eric has guilted me into, I'm going to do a Not Me Monday, inspired by MckMama. Just because it's fun. Feel free to do your own and link back there.

This last week, I most definitely did not feed my kidlets blueberry Eggo waffles for dinner (with syrup) because I felt too lazy to cook and too weak-willed to deny their pleas. Not me. No way. I always feed my children healthful, balanced, nutritious home-cooked meals.

This last week, I did not ditch work early and cancel my therapy appointment to go home and take a two-hour nap. And I most definitely did not then stay up until midnight that night playing World of Warcraft instead of getting to bed on time.

This last week, I did not purchase a cupful of chocolate-covered raspberries, fresh-dipped that morning, and then consume them all in one sitting. I also did not eat half a bag of Twizzlers during the same long drive with a friend. And I did not resist eating the other half of the bag only because said friend ate the other half. Not me!

This morning, I did not trade a confiscated hat to its owner student in exchange for a Ziploc baggie of Cheetos. And when his girlfriend did not text a friend in class who I did not permit to text back, I did not bargain forgiveness for coming to class late in exchange for a Cherry Coke and a bag of Doritos.

I did not completely fall off the healthy-eating lifestyle the last several weeks. I did not stop exercising, either. And I have not gained back some of my flab. Of course not. Not me.

Never me.

2 bits of love:

MommyTime said...

This is hilarious. The cake (if you can find the cookies) will go nicely with twizlers and doritos. You should know, though, that you can make 1/2 a recipe just fine. Of course, then you'll have cream left over. Which creates a real "what do do?!" dilemma... Happy "baking"!

Kathleen said...

Hello! Blueberries are a food group!! Last week I fed my children ice cream for lunch one day. We were out. Carvel was cheaper than fast food, and I've been told children need several daily servings of dairy...plus, I kinda like being the Mommy Hero.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics