Woohoo! It's been a long time since I got tagged for a meme, and I've never been tagged by anyone I didn't really know In Real Life, so I'm ridiculously thrilled to be tagged for this meme by Brit in Bosnia. I know. I'm a little pitiful, but you gotta love me anyhow. This one's pretty random, but life gets boring when it's too structured all the time. So here goes:
1. What are your current obsessions? Blogging, NCIS (the show, not the real thing), and finishing the cross-stitch project I'm planning on giving my mother for Mother's Day. Eek! Only a week and a half left!
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear the most often? My Gap jeans. They go with everything.
3. What's for dinner? Heck if I know. I suppose I should probably plan that out. It would be nice if I actually made something tonight rather than falling back on take out again. Maybe tuna noodle casserole...
4. Last thing you bought? A cross-stitch project carry case and other useful accoutrements thereof. I'm crossing over into an official "crafter" identity. At least it isn't all flowery and lacy--it's a nice flat black case with clean lines that won't give me away too much.
5. What are you listening to? The Sidney Poitier version of A Raisin in the Sun--currently, Beneatha and Walter Lee going off on each other.
6. If you were a god / goddess what would you be? The Literature Muse, I suppose, which would have to be a tenth Muse combining Calliope (muse of epic poetry), Clio (muse of history), Erato (muse of love poetry), Melpomene (muse of tragedy), Polyhymnia (muse of sacred poetry), and Thalia (muse of comedy). Might get kind of crowded in there...
7. Favourite holiday spots? Jamaica, first and foremost--I still remember my honeymoon very fondly. The Upper Peninsula and upper Lower Peninsula (Petoskey and Traverse City areas) of Michigan are wonderful as well.
8. Reading right now? Grace for the Moment by Max Lucado, Traveling Light for Mothers by Lucado, Grace (Eventually): Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott, The Wonder Worker by Susan Howatch, The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde, the Psalms. It all depends on how much time I have, where I am, and what mood I'm in.
9. Four words to describe you? dramatic, passionate, literary, growing
10. Guilty pleasure? Buying shoes and books
11. Who or what makes you laugh? My kidlets, my students, Scrubs, and Big Bang Theory.
12. Favourite spring thing to do? Sitting in the sun and smelling the green and growing things. Oh, and getting the grill fired up. Planting doesn't come into it. I really wish I had garden gnomes.
13. Planning to travel next? Up to Tawas Bay this weekend for a women's retreat. I am so excited! Plus I should be able to catch a ride with a dear friend, so I won't have to drive or rack up the miles on my faithful Saturn Vue!
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? A double chocolate muffin provided for me by a student. I loves me some bribes. And chocolate.
15. Last time you were tipsy? At a great Girls' Night Out when three other "girls" and I met up at The Melting Pot (great fondue, great service, great drinks) before going to the theatre and seeing Twilight. Good times.
16. Favourite ever film? Oooh. I have several. Is that allowed? Movies I can watch over and over again are LadyHawke, The Princess Bride, Amelie, Death to Smoochy, the Lord of the Rings trilogy...I better stop.
17. Biggest life lesson you've learned from your kids? Never expect your expectations to actually be fulfilled--buckle up, cuz you're in for a ride!
18. Song you can't get out of your head? I have several, but "You Are the Sun" by Sara Groves has been there a lot recently.
19. What book do you know you "should" read but refuse to? Ulysses by James Joyce. What absolute crap. I told Marinka she would regret it!
Rules of the meme: Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
I tag Beth at BurkinaMom in France, GingerB at Gas-Food-Lodging, Heidi at Hortus Deliciarum, MommyTime at Mommy's Martini, oreneta at oreneta aground, Schmutzie at Schmutzie, Beth at so the fish said, and Eric at Property of: US Army (although he isn't a MommyBlogger, so I'm pretty sure he'll be replacing #17 unless he's crazy--which, on second thought, he is, so maybe he won't.)
3 years ago