Diapers and Dragons

Sunday, March 21, 2010

PSA for Parents

You know when your kidlet decides to have a meltdown in the middle of the mall? As in full-force Mach 5 tantrum with screaming, crying, hitting, and "I hate you"s as a special bonus?

You have two choices: (1) be utterly humiliated and drag the brat kicking and screaming the entire length of the mall while uttering threats and avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone, or (2) find your sense of humor, try very hard not to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation, and drag the brat kicking and screaming the entire length of the mall while saying I'm sorry you feel that way. I love you! and smiling at all the gawkers.

I'll give you a hint: Choice Number Two doesn't give you a migraine and tends to result in amusement from onlookers rather than surreptitious searches for the phone number to the Department of Human Services.

Oh, and DramaBoy? I still love you.

5 bits of love:

mom said...

Great advice! I love it. (And you don't call him DramaBoy for nothing!)

Erin said...

I got to experience this today. It was not fun. But controlling your temper is the most important part of it. You've got to remember that s/he is a child and children throw temper tantrums because they don't know how else to convey their anger/frustration/whatever emotion and you are the adult who has had (hopefully) years of practice at communicating emotions. LOL

Unknown said...

he...he he...hee hee hee...ha ha ha...hahahahahahahahah...bwahahahahahahahahahaha!

Welcome to the club!

Draft Queen said...

Seriously? Just. The. Beginning.

GingerB said...

My kids are lightweights, literally, which makes them more portable than most. It is the teenage tantrums that I fear. If I get half of what I dished out, I am in for a world of hurt.

I am impressed you laughed.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics