Diapers and Dragons

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Happy, Joy Joy!!!!!

I've been harboring a secret for two months and 7 days. A wonderful, fabulous, butterflies-in-the-stomach, giggly, happy dance secret that has been trying to burst out of my mouth blog for weeks. And now I have the go-ahead to let you all in on that secret too.

You want to know what it is?

You want to hear what has me doing a little jig?

You want to hear what made me squeal out loud in the middle of a restaurant on Christmas Day?

You do?

You sure?

Ready?

Okay.

I'M GOING TO BECOME TEACHERAUNTY THIS FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOT WOOT!  *happy dance* WOOT WOOT!

That's right! SoccerSister is PREGNANT and due at the end of August!

*hands in the air, hands in the air, dance around like you just don't care*

I am so thrilled! Well, and sorry for her because she is SICK oh so SICK (as a dog) (or whatever else gets really really sick) (okay, sick as a really sick pregnant woman) and getting very tired of it all already, but

I AM HAPPY

and SO looking forward to being an aunt. I get to ooh and ahh and get all my babylust satiated and then GIVE THE BABY BACK.

(This, of course, is a key piece of it all.)

So dance along with me and offer SoccerSister and her MuttonChopsHubby a hearty congratulations! And hold back on the horror stories, at least for now, because they're already wondering what the heck they've gotten themselves into.

*giggle*

(Oh, who am I kidding?)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 bits of love:

Kathleen said...

Yeah!! CONGRATS SoccerSister!! So happy for you...and hope you feel better!

Congrats to you, TeacherAunty!! And to TeacherMommy's mom and dad!

Oh, OK, congrats all around!

oreneta said...

YAHOOO!!!

MomZombie said...

Congratulations on your impending teacher-auntie-hood. I tried to find a Hallmark card for this one but came up empty.

GingerB said...

Hooray for SoccerSister! Does her husband really have mutton chops? 'Cuz, if so, I am sorry about that. Back to the whole baby thing . . . there really is nothing like it in the world, it is the best, best, best of all possible experiences to love your own little one (or more than one). Now here is a tip for the sick mama to be. When you need to hurl, do it in the kitchen sink. If you have a two sider with disposal and a sprayer faucet even better, but nothing will make it worse than being sick at a toilet, on your knees. And it is OK for dad to do the clean up. You can thank me later after you have put this plan into action.

Draft Queen said...

Congrats to SoccerSister! And to you! And the family! Yay! Baby!

Good heavens I want (another) one of those.

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks GingerB! The garbage disposal has received many a gift from me lately... although I try to only use it when no one else is around. MuttonChopsHubby (yes, he does have mutton chops, but the modified version; he used to have the full version, but showed up at our wedding with diminished ones. They are his signature, I guess) has been very good about taking care of pretty much everything in the household.
Thanks for the congrats, everyone. We are excited (and will be even more excited when I'm no longer sick!)
- SoccerSister

mom said...

Finally got connected to the Internet, and to this page, from here in the African bush -- to collect my congrats and to pass on mine to all involved! Being a grandma is as good as it gets, folks. Getting these gifts from God via my own beloved offspring. . . WOW WOW WOW Can't wait . . .hope we do get to come for the Event!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics