Diapers and Dragons

Monday, February 8, 2010

Just So You Know...

I really want to write a bit long post about the power and significance of words, because I've been having fabulous discussions with my tenth graders today about that (we're gearing up for A Raisin in the Sun and To Kill a Mockingbird), BUT

I'm busy busy busy and don't see it stopping soon.

HOWEVER

I'm glad to report that my weekend was much improving, my cold is almost gone, my back is (finally) on the mend, and I am much more cheerful in mind and spirit. Thank God for friends, family, Getting Things Done, a very helpful former student, the prospect of a snow day, the prospect of a fabulous road trip to see a very dear friend and possibly my sister (I'll call you about that, hon!), and some very nicely timed compliments from a few good-looking men.

Chin up and carry on!

4 bits of love:

Kathleen said...

I'm doing Raisin in the Sun right now with my Bright Futures kids! Any creative ideas you wanna share? It's been 15 years since I taught it, and I can't find my lesson plans from way back then!!

Anonymous said...

What, road trip! visiting me!!???!!! Sounds fabulous. You'll have to let me know the details.
(and, yes, wouldn't a snow day be wunderbar! somehow we didn't get ANY of the "Northeast" snow storm this weekend. Not even a snow flake!)
- SoccerSister

GingerB said...

I am so glad you are on the mend.

Nicola said...

So sorry I have been incommunicado...lots going on and I am so sorry to catch up and hear all your news. Glad you are on the mend a little - and I am so, so sorry about the end of your relationship....but glad you received some much deserved male attention. Tell me, was it the shoes????

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics