Diapers and Dragons

Monday, February 1, 2010

At Least I Have Some Job Security

I've been having a very rough time of it lately (difficult to talk about, so I won't), but every now and then something comes along to brighten things up a bit. I got not one but two chuckles out of my day today, courtesy of students.

First, I received an email from a student:

Dear Ms. [TeacherMommy],

Hello, this is D------ from your 2nd hour English 10 class. I was sick last Friday and was not able to revive the work you passed out in class. I was wondering if you could please send me any work that was given out that day.

Sincerely,
D------

I may have to email him back and suggest that he renew his CPR training.

Then in my Mythology class, I asked the class to remind me which Greek gods we covered last on Friday. A student raised his hand and said, in all seriousness:

Hermaphrodite? Herpes? Asbestos?

I had to thank him for the first real laugh I'd had in four days. And then I wrote it down. I can make money off that sort of thing, know. Richard Lederer can't have all the fun.

2 bits of love:

GingerB said...

My nephew once told his teacher he got things for his Halloween costume at Cross Dress For Less.

Hang in there honey, spring is coming. It had damn well better, right?

And I'll Raise You 5 said...

Classic! Funny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics