Diapers and Dragons

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Give Me Some Luuuuuv. Or Not. Whatever.

I used to pimp out my blog all the time. A post would go up and I'd be over on Twitter and Facebook, announcing to the world that Hey, a post is up and you should go read the awesomeness! It got a few people over here. Not many, though, and I would sigh and feel all hurt and go beg for people to leave comments because, well, um, I'm a comment whore. I crave the feedback.

(Ahem.)

In the last few months, however, I've been letting my posts speak for themselves. Twitter has not seen my tweets in...oh, I've lost track. My bloggy Facebook page has been utterly neglected. People simply have to fend for themselves in terms of finding my words of wacky weirdness wisdom.

I think this due in part to my increased sense of self-confidence and slowly growing "happiness in my own skin", as a good friend put it. I love having an audience for my writing and my thoughts, but it isn't quite as crucial to me as it was, oh, last summer.

I still like comments, though.

(Ahem, ahem!)

I am, however, feeling the need to get back into some more concentrated writing. Short stories, poetry, thoughtful essays. I have an essay brewing slowly about the power of words, as I mentioned yesterday. The question is: when the heck will I get it written down???

Life is busy. This is a good thing. I'm working hard (ACT/Michigan Merit Exam time is fast approaching--I just LOVE teaching to a test) and talking with friends and getting back into a more active social life. This weekend I'm heading off Massachusetts-wards to visit my friend DraftQueen (This could mean some serious craziness, yo), and I plan on hopping over to Boston to see my sister as well (Still need to talk to you about that, hon! I'm glad you're excited!!!). Next week is Midwinter Break, so I have the luxury of Time. February is slowly looking up. Of course, there wasn't too much further down it could have gotten, but still...

I still have my moments of sadness. This last year-plus has been extraordinarily hard on my heart. At the same time, when I look back at where I've been and how far I've come and where I'm heading...It's hard to be Dark when I see so much Light.

So who wants to leave me some love? Come on. You know you want to...

11 bits of love:

Unknown said...

Sorry. I'm a married man. I cannot leave you any love.

Liz K said...

Massachusetts? How fun! Someday I am going to get to New England.

Dorset Dispatches said...

Mwah

TheAtticGirl said...

I am always pimping out my blog. As a matter of fact, if you want to stop by:

http://atticgirl.blogspot.com

Oh, and love ya!

mom said...

I think you know that I always love you. Whether or not I can get online. And it's a very good thing to be more comfortable in your skin. Hope your plans for the February break meet all your expectations, especially the ones for Boston area. :) And hey, you could send some of that love my way, too, you know, comments . . .

sAm said...

Leaving you love! Truth time - when I open my reader & see you have a post I am happy. Truly. Keep up the great work - you've come a long way!!

Hyla said...

I was the same this time last year with my blog. Now I am more laid back, not doing nearly as many posts/reviews/giveaways. Im also not checking my stats.

MomZombie said...

Have a great trip East; it sounds like just what you need right now.

GingerB said...

I am you are looking up from the gloom and seeing the rest of your life. You can't get to that place all the time, but even some of the time is good.

Stone Fox said...

just popping in to say hello and give you some love. i've only had time to read the last couple of weeks; haven't had time to string together decent, coherent comments until now (as a matter of fact, this is my first comment.) ;)

Nicola said...

Hello love!!! Sorry I am so late in leaving the love! Luv ya, luv ya, luv ya xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics