For whatever reason, my recent posts have received very skimpy commenting.
My feelings are hurt.
(Though the faithful few who do leave comments are officially among my Favorite People, so that's good.)
(At least they love me.)
I would just pout in the corner, except yesterday was a good day and I'm working on making today a good day too, and pouting in corners isn't conducive to such things. What IS conducive to such things? Oh, I don't know. Let's see what I can find:
1. Former students (in droves--I've been running into them everywhere lately) telling me how much they miss me and that I Was Right About Everything (well, duh, but some people have to learn the hard way).
2. New shoes (yesterday's pair was new: keep an eye out for the other two pairs Coming Soon to a Blog Near You).
3. Old shoes that still make me happy because I can Strut My Stuff in them.
4. A man who respects me, loves to spend time with me, misses me when I'm not around, brings new and exciting adventures into my life, and tells me (frequently) that I'm beautiful inside and out.
5. The same man being someone I respect, love to spend time with, and miss when he's not around. Oh, and he's pretty hot, too.
6. Getting compliments and even mild (and fortunately respectful) come-ons from quite a few men in general lately. I must be sending out the vibe that I feel beautiful and confident.
7. Long phone calls and online chats with wonderful girlfriends, with whom I can laugh and cry and talk about both Silly and Deep Stuff.
8. The prospect of Skyping my mom tonight, something that can only happen when she's in an area with good Internet connections.
9. A recipe for espresso fudge from DraftQueen.
10. The news that DraftQueen is coming to Michigan to visit! (Even if I do have to wait for seven months.)
And last but most definitely not least, the prospect of seeing two little boys tonight whom I have not seen since Friday morning. I foresee lots of hugs and kisses and cuddles in my near future.
Life is Good.
(But I'm not above a little guilt trip.)
(Please leave a comment. Or I will cry bloggy tears.)
3 years ago