Diapers and Dragons

Thursday, October 29, 2009

He Should Have Checked My Fine Print Before He Started Dating Me. I'm Fairly Sure There's Something About "May Make Head Explode" in There.


No, this isn't what he looks like. Move along.

(text: me to Joe) Guys keep looking at me because I'm smokin' hot. That or I have schmutz on my face.

(text: me to Joe) Judging from your silence you think it's the schmutz. Or you're really busy. Or you're ignoring me.

(text: me to Joe) And now you're probably thinking I'm fishing for compliments and the answer would be yes, and attention.

(text: me to Joe) And now you're saying to yourself doesn't this crazy girl have anything better to do with her time than harass me? The answer is no, not at the moment.

(phone rings)

Me: Why, whatever made you think to call me right now?

Joe: Were those multiple choice questions? Is this a quiz? Will there be a test?

I'm wondering--do those fancy schmancy i-phones have an app for electronic scantron quizzes? Cuz if they do, I might have to start saving up.

6 bits of love:

TJList said...

Joe's questions:
Q: Were those multiple choice questions?
A: Yes.

Q: Is this a quiz?
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be a test?
A: Yes.

Unspoken question:
Q: What are the reasons I don't have a snowball's chance of passing the test?
(a) TeacherMommy is a woman.
(b) TeacherMommy is a high school teacher.
(c) TeacherMommy has a big red pen, and she knows how to use it.
(d) It's a day of the week whose last letter is "y."
(e) All of the above
(f) None of the above. TeacherMommy has a sense of humor. :D

Unknown said...

Joe is thinking, "She's a high school teacher. All the guys looking at her are jail bait, so do I really care? But it's the third text..." Sigh. "I'll call her after I finish this beer."

Teacher Mommy said...

I'll have you know that I was NOT texting from school. I was texting from the grocery store. So they were legit. Like I would even text about my students ogling me! Ewwwwww.....

Kathleen said...

He called. You've got a good man there. I'd keep him. And to make sure he stays sharp, keep up the quizzing.

Draft Queen said...

I swear I do that to N all the time.

And? He totally pulls shit like that on me too. Will continually text until I can answer him... knowing full well I'm sitting in a lab coat with a rack of serum to pour.

A. Nonny Mouse said...

LOL! This was awesome. From the sounds of it, he DID check the fine print and started dating you ANYWAY. Hang on to that one, he sounds like a great guy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics