Besides, it doesn't happen that often these days. I'm far more often
So here's the breakdown of my weekend:
Friday--ran around to multiple locations trying to find party supplies, especially the all-important Dinosaur Stuff. Limited success. The children's blessed grandmother had more success, because she is the Queen of Dollar Stores, and I ended up meeting her to get the DS she found. Then I scooped up the kids from school, picked up Lucky Duck Pizza, and headed home. My parents called all the way from West Africa just as we were pulling in, so the boys and I had a nice long chat with them. Then it was time for the kidlets to take a bath and
I finished my baking and got to bed around midnight.
Saturday--The party happened, and happened well, despite the nasty weather gods. The Widget then went off with his grandma for several hours, while I cleaned up and then took DramaBoy and MTL's daughter K to meet up with MTL and his other kids to see How To Train Your Dragon. In 3D. Which was awesome. DramaBoy dealt with it pretty well, but said he didn't really like it because HIS dragon was not in the movie. Remind me to tell DreamWorks that they really need to work his personal toys into their films from now on.
Then I picked up The Widget, where we were fed
Sunday--You'd think that after all the craziness of the weekend so far I would have stayed on the couch all day
- went grocery shopping with 2 boys in tow (thank God for the car carts at Meijer)
- washed and dried 6 loads of laundry
- folded and put away 9 loads of laundry (there were already 3 loads of kids' clothes sitting in baskets)
- washed 1 load of dishes
- decluttered and tidied the kitchen, dining room, and master bedroom
- collected 4 garbage bags of trash from around the house
- collected 1 giant garbage bag of giveaway clothes (from going through the kids' clothes and some of mine)
- monitored 2 little boys as they put away their toys
- medicated and comforted 1 little boy with a cold
- cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner for 6 people
- drove to Grosse Point Woods and back to drop off the 1 little boy with a cold with his grandpa, who is watching him today so that I can go to work
- packed for my 2 days away from the house
Today? I'm planning on getting through the work day, going to physical therapy, and collapsing.