Diapers and Dragons

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Like, Gag Me With a Spoon!

OK, so now that DramaBoy is being so consistent with going potty AND avoiding accidents (five days and counting! Yeehaw!), The Widget is showing increasing interest in also sitting on the potty. Tonight as I was preparing to dunk them in the bath, I quickly used the toilet myself (yeah, I know eventually I need to be a little more privacy conscious, but it was urgent), and then placed the potty seat on top for the boys. I didn't bother flushing because, you know, "don't waste water." The Widget did his bobblehead routine when I asked him if he wanted to go potty, but I needed to wash up first. All of the sudden I hear a panicked "Oh no! Don't do that, [Widget]!" from DramaBoy. I turn my head; much to my horror, The Widget is leaning over, halfway into the toilet, dunking his hand in and swishing it around. You know, testing the temperature or some such.

As I shout "NO!" and lunge across the room, trying not to trip and brain myself on the various stools and toys and toddler clothing strewn about the floor, The Widget turns away, looks at me in confusion, and Puts. His. Hand. In. His. Mouth.

Oh yes. THAT hand.

I could not wash his hand and mouth fast enough. I have dealt with explosive diarrhea, projectile vomiting, and noses so full of snot we put slugs to shame, but I cannot properly express my utter disgust at this incomprehensible act my Widget CHOSE to perform.

He didn't even look fazed.

0 bits of love:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics