Diapers and Dragons

Thursday, January 13, 2011

i've always been afraid

of letting imperfections show
cracks behind the mask
porcelain fractures
lying my way through complications
situations
til truth becomes a stranger

of risking heart and mind
fears of failure
imperfect perfectionism
hiding my way through challenges
changes
so walls become my safety

of letting go
letting in
letting out
letting be

because they may not
                       (but they might)
and if they don't
                       (and if they don't?)
because some will not
                       (but some will)
could i bear the pain
                       (the shame)
yes the shame

and so am trapped in fear
                       (and so are trapped)

unless i let go


2 bits of love:

mom said...

Hon, this was definitely a breakthrough, just saying it out. I love how my people's language puts it here: living with a clear/transparent inside. It's there way of saying "integrity." And it is worthwhile letting go, to attain it. You have all my love and support as well as my loud applause.

Lauren said...

I'm going to leave a comment just so you know there are folks out there who still read your stuff -- even if it is poetry!

(But I sure wish I could think of something nice to say like your mom did!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics