Diapers and Dragons

Monday, April 5, 2010

Not Much To See Here

Yeah, haven't written in a while. Yeah, lots has been going on. Nope, don't really know where to start or what to write or anything.

In case you were confused, my last post was, in fact, an April Fool's joke. My hair is still right where it belongs, on my head (I was going to write "legs" and cross it out, but then realized that I have, in fact, shaved my legs quite recently and therefore would be kind of lying and I'm living a life of honesty now, right? So didn't. It would have been sort of funny, I suppose. I also just had to type, delete, and erase "suppose" five times because a third "p" kept popping in. I don't know what's going on with me, really.)

Spring Break has sprung and broken, Easter has eastered, and now I'm sitting in Panera taking a break from grading papers for an hour before my head started exploding and thinking that perhaps I will be wild and crazy and GO TO A PARK WITHOUT CHILDREN IN TOW. But with my Kindle. Because I'm not young crazy brave silly enough to go play on the playground without the excuse of kidlets. Besides, I did that yesterday. I EVEN SLID DOWN A SLIDE.

But it is ever so beautiful outside, and I think that sitting in the sun for a bit while reading a book would be lovely.

Speaking of Kindles, I really think I should approach Amazon about getting a commission from them for my spokesmodeling skillz. Cuz I haz them. I get more comments and questions about that lovely little bit of technology...I was at J's family's place for Easter yesterday, and I think I have at least two people planning on buying one soon. Perhaps more. I have the spiel down by now, both in long and short versions. I even know how to play to the specific audience. For example: for younger individuals, one should emphasize the mp3, whispernet, and highlighting/notetaking aspects; for older prospects, focus on the adaptable text size and electronic audio text features. Always, of course, discuss the all-important "no backlighting/low glare" screen, as that is often the main point of concern people have about e-book readers. It goes without saying (except I will) that one must mention the savings on books (many are FREE or next to it!). Though the Kindle itself isn't exactly cheap. Mine was a gift. It is $110 cheaper than when mine was purchased, however!

There you go. That's the condensed I-don't-feel-like-typing-it-all-out-and-you-really-need-to-see-one-to-love-one version of my patter.

Hey Amazon, wanna throw some moolah my way? I could use it. I'm running low.

Gah. I have no idea why I'm writing this post today. I just feel the need to avoid grading more repetitive test essays get some thoughts out of my head and onto the screen, I guess.

Life is good. I'm happy. Maybe that's the problem. Not enough angst. And y'all know angst makes for the best blog fodder, right? Well, that and kidlets.

I would show pictures of them hunting Easter eggs, but the photos aren't working.

Oh well. That's the way it goes. Buh-bye!

5 bits of love:

Dorset Dispatches said...

Did you need a break from grading by any chance? Happy Easter, hope you had a good one. x

Stone Fox said...

i really wasn't sure about the whole head-shaving thing; since i have spent this morning catching up on everyone's blogs, i have only been scrambling for words of support ("well, you won't be hot in the summer this year!" "bet it feels weird - at least your school kids will think you're cool") for a few hours. glad to know you still have your mop.

just wanted to say that if you have misplaced your angst, i think my children have stolen it. i didn't know life as a 5 year old and life as a 2 year was so fraught with emotion. yesterday was was like macbeth around here. although there was no actual death, there was a lot of acting as though one was teetering on the very edge, along with lots of high emotions and hang wringing.

i did consider consulting some witches to find out if *I* was going to make it through the next 17 years. witches are Easter-y, aren't they?

Sparkling Adventures said...

David loves his Kindle -- thanks for your advice!

Draft Queen said...

I keep threatening to steal N's Kindle.

Now get back to grading, lady.

Heidi said...

I've got NOTHING to say either. Nothing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wait! Where Are You Going?

Wait! Where Are You Going?
 
Clicky Web Analytics